Get Safe Online
If you have ever used the Internet, you will know what a fantastic resource it is for discovering information on any topic, shopping from the comfort of your own home, keeping in touch with friends and family, doing your banking online and many more fun activities.
But, you may also be concerned about the potential negatives of being online – suffering a virus attack, receiving unwanted emails or becoming the victim of online fraud.
Envy Solutions Ltd supports GetSafeOnline’s mission of helping people get safe online. By taking some simple measures, you can protect yourself against online threats and make sure that your online experiences are all positive.
Did you know?
• Home users are the most highly targeted sector for online crime, accounting for 95% of all targeted attacks
• More than half of internet users (58%) access unsecured networks from their home computer, laptop, mobile telephone or PDA
• 45% of internet users only use two to three passwords for all online sites, and nearly one in four (24%) only uses one password for all online sites
Expert Advice for everyone
GetSafeOnline.org is a joint initiative between HM Government, the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) and leading businesses, which aims to help individuals and micro-businesses to be safe online, and protect themselves against Internet security risks. It is a neutral, unbiased and objective source of information and expert advice for everyone.
Take control before someone else does
The GetSafeOnline.org website contains more than 100 articles, pieces of information and practical security advice all aimed at making you aware of internet risks and vulnerabilities, and providing you with the information you need to protect yourself against these threats.
Information includes how to:
• Install anti-virus software
• Make back-ups
• Protect your privacy
• Set ground rules for children
• Shop, bank and use online auctions safely.